Why volunteer at the Telegraph Museum Porthcurno?
There are a huge range of benefits in volunteering, from making new friends to improving your employment opportunities. There’s even some anecdotal evidence to suggest that volunteering could be good for your health. You will also know that your expertise and time is helping to support the work of an educational charity and independent museum.
Here are some of the benefits of volunteering at the Telegraph Museum Porthcurno:
- Help us to sustain a unique heritage site of international importance in West Cornwall
- Work in a friendly, welcoming and fulfilling environment
- Gain free entry to the museum including special events
- Develop new skills through training and development
- Gain a sense of personal achievement
- Free entrance to other Cornish Heritage Volunteer scheme sites (minimum 55 hours/year volunteering)
- 10% discount in the museum shop
- 10% discount in the museum cafe
- Help with travel expenses
- Free parking in the Porthcurno car park
- Make new friends and attend staff & volunteer social events
Get in touch
If you would like to discuss volunteering with us, or would like to keep in touch regarding future opportunities, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Janet Standring, by email; firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01736 811914.